Saturday, June 17, 2006

RACE DAY 1

Today was our first race at Ceske Budojovice. I had a terrible tummy bug yesterday morning and spent the good half of firday sleeping and feeling pretty ill. I was hoping desperatly that i would recover in time for our race today and thanks to the ingredients in coke I killed the bug and was feeling in shipshape for racing today. The course they had set had a few technical moves and was really long. I had two pretty good runs which put me overall in 6th place out of about 24 girls I think ranging in age from juniors to seniors. In my class, under 18 Women I came 2nd and got a sweet certificate and a goodie pack with an exciting blowup ring floatz thing and a calendar wohoo. The other two kiwi girls 50ed which put them out of contention for top placings but tomorrow us kiwis are going to take out the top 3 hopefully. Hamish did really well coming 2nd in his class and the c2 boys 1st even with a 50 so pretty successful day all round. Last night we had our first big storm, no one believed me when I woke up and said I heard a huge storm in the middle of the night. They all said I was either crazy or dreaming, it was super funny tho when we went to put the boats on the roof and they were all wet, haha i wasnt going insane. We are all starting to brown up and I think I have finally started to get used to the heat. Happy days

1 Comments:

Blogger Danica said...

Hey abby, love the dressup! lol looks awsum.. hope u guys are all having a awsum time with lots of nice weather! its lovely wet raining days here! hava a good tym and good luck with ur next races!
tata :)

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home