Tuesday, February 06, 2007

YOUTH OLYMPICS

Lou, Hamy and me outside the Penrith Plaza, we hung out here a lot. The air con was a lifesaver and the summer sales weren't too bad either!

Youth olympics have come and gone and boy were they an awesome experience! The opening cermoney was amazing and the racing was so much fun. Overall the NZ team did pretty well with most making the final. I didnt quite mke the final, I came 11th and they took the top 10! Gutting but I know that it was def possible for me to have made the final, i just rolled a couple of times which lost me a lot of time and hit a few to many gates. Louise also had a bit of trouble in her semi final run which meant she didnt make the final like me. Eric paddled relly well securing him a place in the final where he ended up coming 7th, hamish and mark both made fianls coming 7th and 10th. Bryden and Andrew pulled out n amazing performance placing 3rd and Brent and Shaun came 5th. Chris didn't make the final after having a mere of a run in his semis. Racing at Youth Olympics was a great experience but it just showed how well others our age are paddling. The girl that won pulled out a time that was right up there with the boys! Penrith was a really fun course and didn't end up being as daunting as I had first thought. Although it is pretty big water and quite pushy it just takes more thought into reading the water and using it to your advantage which helped my paddling over there and also back in NZ at the Snr selection races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home